Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good day for cruelty-free window shopping

When I became vegan the main reason was for my health, not because of the animals.  I didn't want to think about my flashy purse or my cute heels that were made of leather.  I didn't want to think about separating these material objects from my life.  After watching Earthlings www.earthlings.com, I had a change of heart and immediately wanted to get rid of anything that was made from animals.  It has been a gradual process, but a rewarding one.


Now for the fun part, the shopping.  These are a few of the places that I really like and have bought things from:

The first shop is Vaute Couture www.vautecouture.com/t-shop.aspx.  I really love that this store has some cute animal message items for those days when you want to make a statement.  I also love their jewelry which is made from recycled aluminum and their jackets which look super warm for cold MN winters! I have one of the necklaces and my husband has the "V is for Vegan" shirt (nothing sexier than a compassionate man)!  I adore this oversized sweatshirt that would be cute with some skinny jeans or leggings.



The second shop is Big Buddha www.bigbuddha.com.  Love this new "Jackie" bag in yellow and in blue.  The best part is all of their products are vegan.  I have one of these bags and LOVE it.  You can purchase them online at their store or if you live in MN, find them at your local vegan boutique: www.ethiquenouveau.com.

The last shop is Toms www.toms.com.  The great thing about Toms is they have a vegan line for men, women and children, and for every pair of shoes you buy they give a new pair of shoes to children in need. Above are the "Elephant's" women's vegan classics and the "Pink Murray" organic cotton women's vegan classics.  I have a pair that was from last fall and I also bought my sweetie a pair. They are so fun and I always get compliments on them.

I love that I can be stylish and vegan!  It is so nice to be able to feel good about the things that I buy and look good at the same time!  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment